SPC MERLION 5000 is a marine diesel engine cylinder oil formulated from premium quality base stock and additives to provide the necessary high alkalinity for marine engine cylinder lubrication.
SPC MERLION 5000 meets the following requirements:
• MAN B&W Diesel
• SEMT Pielstick
SPC MERLION 5000 provides the following benefits:
• Keeps pistons and piston ring grooves clean.
• Resists the formation of sludge in the oil.
• Provides good antiwear to prevent premature engine failure.
• Imparts good detergency and dispersancy properties.
• Provides high alkaline reserve to neutralise acid formed by combustion to prevent acidic corrosion on engine parts.
SPC MERLION 5000 is recommended for cylinder lubrication of marine diesel engine using intermediate fuel oil.
It is also recommended for crankcase lubrication of trunk piston diesel engine where 50 TBN oil is recommended.
|at 40 deg C, cSt|
|at 100 deg C, cSt|
|Specific Gravity, 15/15 deg C|
|Flash Point, COC, deg C|
|Pour Point, deg C|