SPC EMD is a zinc-free oil formulated to provide superior performance in modern high output railroad diesel engines burning high sulphur fuel. It also provides the most effective antiwear protection available for silver and bronze metallurgy.
SPC EMD satisfies the following performance requirements:
• Locomotive Maintenance Officers Association “Generation 4 Long Life Specification
SPC EMD provides the following benefits:
• Contains excellent detergency and dispersancy to resist formation of lacquer, varnish, sludge and other deposits in the engine system.
• Prevents piston rings sticking and keeps piston clean.
• Enhances oxidation control which extends the life of engine oil and improves fuel economy.
• Provides good antirust and anticorrosion properties to protect the engine against corrosion from the acidic combustion by-products.
• Enhances antiwear control for long engine life and improves operating reliability.
• Provides the most effective antiwear protection available for silver and bronze metallurgy.
• Maintains good antifoam properties to ensure continuous supply of lubricating oil to the system.
• Protects EMD silver bearings.
SPC EMD is suitable for use in normally-aspirated and supercharged diesel engines operating under very severe conditions. It is recommended for locomotive diesel engines using silver bearings and burning high sulphur fuel.
SAE Grade: 40
Viscosity, Kinematic at 40 deg C, cSt: 159.2, at 100 deg C, cSt: 15.7
Viscosity Index: 100
Specific Gravity, 15/15 deg C: 0.899
Flash Point, COC, deg C: 230
Pour Point, deg C: -18
TBN, mgKOH/g: 13.1