SPC MERLION 4000 is a API CD oils formulated for trunk piston diesel engines using residual fuel and requiring high alkaline crankcase oil of TBN 40.
SPC MERLION 4000 meets the following performance requirements:
• MAN B&W Diesel
• SEMT Pielstick
SPC MERLION 4000 provides the following benefits:
• Keeps pistons and piston ring grooves against lacquer, varnish and carbon deposits.
• Resists the formation of sludge in the oil.
• Imparts good antiwear properties to prevent premature engine failure.
• Exhibits good anticorrosion properties.
• Provides good antifoam properties.
• Exhibits good demulsibility properties.
• Provides good detergency and dispersancy properties.
SPC MERLION 4000 is recommended for trunk piston diesel engines for ocean-going marine vessels, supply boats, tug boats, trawlers and oilrigs using medium and high sulphur fuel.
It is also recommended for on shore stationary diesel engines operating on high sulphur diesel fuel including diesel engines operating on high sulphur fuel where alkaline reserve is required to compensate for low oil top-up.
|at 40 deg C, cSt|
|at 100 deg C, cSt|
|Specific Gravity, 15/15 deg C|
|Flash Point, COC, deg C|
|Pour Point, deg C|